Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cat Surfing






OK its winter and I've two lovely little "babies" that are going up the wall...almost literal in Griffin's case.


He's been walking on the sides of the furniture or the under side of the bed....



While Ara has taken to rugby with Griffin and he's the ball...and the latest one of Cat surfing. This involves reaching out and grabbing Griffin's tail as he goes past and not letting go. He then starts to run and try to turn to get rid of Ara. She holds on tight...and runs after him. Its very hard to get a good photo...whats the saying...never work with kids or animals.



Most of the time Ara just seems to end up on top of Griffin with an arm tightly round his neck...his face jambed up against the wall...using him as a pillow....and he's not bitten her or scratched her....I think the time is coming.


It was REALLY cold last night. Griff was trying very hard to get into bed with me but I just couldn't share with a cold nosed cat.


I think this frost was worse than the last one. Looked very pretty with the sun coming up and touching the hills. I was not game enough to head out alone with Ara.

Dave is down in Auckland for the next few days. Lots of work meetings....and catch up with friends and family. Squash with Alex tonight I think.

We've had Roy up over the last few days. I took him along to playcentre the other day. We were making scones...I've never done this and could hear Mum in the back of my head telling Nana not to over work the mix other wise it will not rise. So with this in mind as Ara was spreading the stuff all over the table, Roy's hands and mine I thought it was going to be a bit of a flop...but hey it looked great and tasted great.....AND Ara ate just about the whole thing...so I was very impressed.

Well feels like another cold night so I think I'll grab a baby, a book and head towards bed.

Love to you all

m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan, Dave and Ara

Just wanted to say thanks for a wounderful time in Waipu this week. It was really good to have some time out of Auckland and get my head sorted a little.

Take care and have fun making more scones.

Roy

xxx